We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join our international legal team. Our company is a large FX broker, a subsidiary of the UK public company, with primary offices in Nicosia and Limassol (Cyprus), Sofia and also in Tel Aviv.
The position shall be based in Cyprus (relocation expenses for a candidate and the family covered), however, we may consider having the person based in Sofia in the first month to get prepared for relocation, if needed.
An ideal candidate who will join my team should have the following skill set:
1) ideally between 6-8 PQE;
2) most of his/her experience should have been gained in an investment firm (ideally - FX) and/or finance or investment regulatory practice of a top tier national law firm or an ILF;
3) Critically, a candidate MUST have a very good knowledge of MiFID and other relevant investment services regulations in the EU - this is something that shall be rigorously tested at the interview;
4) It would be a big plus of the candidate has some prior exposure/knowledge of IP, especially software and content license agreements;
5) it is very important that the candidate has experience in drafting and working with English law contracts. Relevant for us are client-facing contracts, such as investment services agreements, debt finance contracts, etc. We do not necessarily need a UK-qualified lawyer (there are no such lawyers at our team), what is important is a practical knowledge of English law and ability to draft with absolutely minimum supervision, either based on existing templates or from scratch;
6) perfectly fluent English is an absolute must. Almost all of the work shall be in English, which is also an official language of communication within the company;
7) a preference will be given to candidates who graduated from Kliment Ohridsky university.
What we offer:
1) A salary of up to EUR 50,000 per year, depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications;
2) Discretionary year-end performance-based bonuses;
3) Medical insurance for the candidate, and discounted rates for insurance for the candidate's spouse and children;
4) Cyprus relocation expenses covered (in accordance with the maximum limited set in the company's relocation policy).
This is a very urgent role, therefore we shall not consider candidates whose notice period at their current employer is more than 30 days.
Interviewing process shall take place at our Sofia offices and will likely take 2-3 stages.
PS. I will provide all information about the company to the applying candidates.
Interest candidates please send your CV to Alexei Tarasov, Associate General Counsel at email@example.com